Some of the best-known pubs from across Greater Sydney are vying to be named 2018 City Hotel of the Year at the AHA NSW Awards for Excellence.
A dozen top hotels from areas including the Eastern Beaches, Sydney CBD, Manly, Pyrmont, the Inner West, North Sydney and the Western Suburbs are in the running for the top city hotel award – with the winner to be announced at a gala awards ceremony next month. Finalists have been announced for more than 40 categories including Best Bush Pub and Best Traditional Bar, Best Chef, Best Burger, Best Hotel Accommodation and Best Live Music – as well as City and Country Hotel of the Year. AHA NSW CEO John Whelan said hundreds of nominations were received for this year’s Awards which honour the best hotels in the business. “We had a record 630 nominations from right across NSW which really shows the quality of our hotels right across the board,” he said.
“The Awards for Excellence are about recognising the hard work and dedication that goes into running a quality hotel in NSW – and our finalists reflect that. “Sydney’s hotels really do set the standard for innovation and quality service and that is reflected in the list of finalists across the full range of categories. I wish all finalists the best of luck and congratulate them on running terrific venues.”
The nominees for City Hotel of the Year 2018 includes The Hotel Steyne (Manly)
The 2018 Awards for Excellence will be held at The Star Event Centre on Tuesday, 20 November.
Our other finalists include:
- Best pub style accommodation: Royal Hotel Ryde; The Bridgeview Hotel Willoughby
- Best family friendly: Settlers Inn Hotel
- Heart of the community: Settlers Inn Hotel;The Hotel Steyne (Manly)
- Best traditional Hotel bar: The Hotel Steyne (Manly)
- Best causal dining city & country: Banjo Paterson Inn Jindabyne; Charing Cross Hotel Waverley
- Best sports bar: Gunyah Hotel; Settlers Inn Hotel
- Best cheap meal: Settlers Inn Hotel
- Chef of the year: Robert Phillips The Hotel Steyne (Manly)